We know truffles are delicious, but did you know they can also be healthy?
This truffle recipe, packed with yummy cashews, is perfect when you’re looking for a petite dessert that packs a protein punch. Plus, they’re also raw so you get even more health benefits such as increased energy and easy digestion. Delicious AND nutritious? Sign us up!
Ingredients (makes about 12 truffles)
¼ cup agave syrup
¼ tsp. ground vanilla
Pinch of sea salt
½ cup raw cashews, soaked for 2 hours, drained
¼ cup unrefined coconut oil
½ cup shredded raw dried coconut
1. Place all ingredients except the oil into your Blendtec blender.
2. Melt the coconut oil in a glass measuring cup set in hot water for about 4-5 minutes.
3. Add to the blender and mix until combined. The mixture may clump up.
4. Scrape the mixture into a bowl and chill in the refrigerator for 45 minutes to an hour.
5. Once chilled, scoop heaping teaspoons and roll into balls, placing them on a tray as you go. When done, refrigerate again for 15 minutes.
6. Finally, roll the truffles in the dried coconut and enjoy!